NEON Summer Symposium - Widening Access in Higher Education8th June, Leeds
The NEON Summer Symposium 2017 and to submit a proposal to present a paper. If you haven’t already booked your place, please note that the deadline to submit a paper proposal and/or to book your place under the early bird rate is 5.00pm on Friday, 17 March. Details can be found here: http://www.educationopportunities.co.uk/neon-events/neon-summer-symposium/
We had to operate a waiting list for last year’s Summer Symposium and since bookings are already going quickly, I want to make sure that anyone who wants to come to the 2017 Summer Symposium doesn’t miss out!
Widening Access in Higher Education – Are we there yet?
Thursday, 8th & Friday 9th June 2017
Leeds Beckett University
This year, the NEON Summer Symposium will address the question of ‘Widening Access in Higher Education: Are we there yet?’ Over the two day conference, we will examine what have we learnt in the last two decades and crucially, what should the goals for the next decade and beyond look like in the area of access and equity in HE participation?
NEON has already assembled an outstanding line-up of speakers for the 2017 NEON Summer Symposium, including:
· Dr Roberta Blackman-Woods MP, Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary University Group & Shadow Minister for Local Government and Housing
· Nick Hillman Director, Higher Education Policy Institute
· Kate Howell, Senior Policy Executive, UCAS
· Sarah Howls, Head of Student Opportunity, Hefce
· Shahid Omer, Head of Widening Participation, Department for Education BIS
· Professor Peter Slee, Vice Chancellor, Leeds Beckett University
· More speakers will be announced shortly.
The NEON Summer Symposium consistently offers two days of stimulating keynotes, paper presentations and workshops. It is also a unique opportunity to share best practice with fellow practitioners and researchers.
Please make sure to submit your booking as soon as possible to guarantee your place at the 2017 Summer Symposium. For more information about the 2017 NEON Summer Symposium and how to book a place or submit a paper, please see the following link: http://www.educationopportunities.co.uk/neon-events/neon-summer-symposium/