This is a full-time, permanent position within the SRHE Executive team reporting directly to the Society’s Manager: Conferences & Events, and working directly with all members of the team plus a wide range of researcher colleagues within higher education internationally.
Flexible. The Society has offices in Kings Cross, London, which is also the location for many of the Society’s events and training programmes. The SRHE Team are currently working remotely – this role will also be undertaken on a remote basis initially.
The Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) delivers a rolling programme of seminars, professional development workshops, and bespoke dissemination events for the benefit of its members and the wider global research community in the field of research into higher education. The Society also runs a large international annual conference. The Society’s conference and events programme is a core element of the Society’s work and the main interface with our researcher community.
The Society is seeking a Coordinator: Conferences, Events and Operations to work directly with the Manager to develop, plan, manage, deliver, and evaluate our programme of conferences, events, and professional development work. At present our events are delivered virtually. Our expectation is that virtual events will continue to feature prominently in our programme, especially to support the engagement of our international members, but we also plan to return to face-to-face events when circumstances permit. The Coordinator will report to the Manager for Conferences and Events but will also work in support of the other SRHE team members on matters of administration, operations, and engagement.
There are four main areas of responsibility for this role:
- Conferences and events
- Professional development programme
- Special Interest Network engagement and coordination
- Team coordination, working within a skilled and professional team, gaining direct experience in the skills and knowledge required to run an independent business enterprise and a charitable organisation
Skills and experience sought:
- Education to 1st degree level or equivalent
- Some knowledge of the Higher Education sector and/or membership organisations highly desirable
- Experience in developing and delivering events within a professional/academic context
- High level of IT skills and experience of using a range of software, databases, and digital platforms
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and an effective team member and collaborator
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Innovative and creative with a drive for excellence
- Resourceful in coming forward with improvements, fresh ideas and projects and bringing these to fruition
Applications in the form of a short form CV (2 pages) and a covering letter (with email and telephone contact details) explaining reasons for interest in the position and a summary of relevant experience should be sent via e-mail to:
Sinéad Murphy, Manager: Conferences & Events (email@example.com)
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th September (23:59)