Salary: £35,000-£40,000 per annum
Placed on: 19 May 2023
Closes: 19 June 2023
This is a full-time position within the SRHE Executive team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive of the Society, working with all members of the team plus a wide range of researcher colleagues within higher education internationally.
Hybrid working, normally 2 days per week in the SRHE offices at Society House, Regents Wharf, 8 All Saints Street, London N1 9RL.
The Society for Research into Higher Education delivers a rolling programme of seminars, professional development events and bespoke dissemination events for the benefit of its members and the wider global research community in the field of research into higher education. The Society also runs a large international annual conference. The Society’s conference and events programme is a core element of the Society’s work and the main interface with our researcher community.
The Society is seeking to appoint a Manager: Events & Conference to develop, plan, manage, deliver, and evaluate our events programme which are both delivered virtually and in-person, with virtual events supporting the engagement of our international members. This will include the development and delivery of the annual research conferences, the annual programme of special interest network seminars and professional development programmes for academic researchers and research practitioners.
Main areas of responsibility
- Maintaining and developing the SRHE Special Interest Networks programme of seminars, the professional development programmes, and leading on ad hoc events to coordinate with current topics of interest. All our programmes require regular refreshing and new programmes need developing to match researcher needs and interests.
- Developing and running the SRHE International Annual Conference, working across the academic programme and the social programme and all other elements of a major international conference.
- Being a source of knowledge and expertise in event development, especially in relation to digital delivery, online learning and helping to upskill presenters and participants to make the best use of digital tools in virtual delivery.
- Collaborating with external organisations such as the Academy of Social Science
- Making a substantial contribution to the Society’s membership and marketing activities in developing and promoting events to members and partners, and identifying and liaising with new contacts for promotion of events.
- Exploring new areas of membership for the Society and developing forms of engagement which will meet their needs.
- Supporting committees, particularly the Research and Development Committee
- Supervising the work of the Coordinator: Events, Operations and Projects
Skills and experience sought.
- Education to Bachelor’s level or above, or equivalent professional experience. Research and evaluation skills an advantage
- Knowledge of Higher Education sector and systems highly desirable
- Experience in designing and delivering events within a professional/academic context.
- High level of computer skills and good knowledge of using different software and digital platforms.
- Good interpersonal skills and an effective team member
- Innovative and creative with a drive for excellence
- Resourceful in coming forward with fresh ideas and projects and bringing these to fruition.
Applications in the form of a short form CV (2 pages) and a covering letter (with email and telephone contact details) explaining reasons for interest in the position and a summary of relevant experience should sent to: Dr Clare Loughlin-Chow, CEO SRHE firstname.lastname@example.org Please also complete our Equal Opportunities Form when applying.
Click here for a Full Job Description
The closing date for applications is June 19th 2023.