Events and Conference Coordinator
|Salary:||£37,000 per annum depending on experience and qualifications|
|Placed on:||11th February 2021|
|Closes:||8th March 2021|
This is a full-time position within the SRHE Executive team, reporting directly to the Director of the Society, working with all members of the team plus a wide range of researcher colleagues within higher education internationally.
The SRHE Team are currently working remotely. This role will also be undertaken on this basis whilst governmental restrictions remain in force. Thereafter, flexible working arrangements will be available.
The Society for Research into Higher Education delivers a rolling programme of seminars, professional development events and bespoke dissemination events for the benefit of its members and the wider global research community in the field of research into higher education. The Society also runs a large international annual conference. The Society’s conference and events programme is a core element of the Society’s work and the main interface with our researcher community.
The Society is seeking an Events & Conference Coordinator to develop, plan, manage, deliver, and evaluate our events programme. At present all our events are delivered virtually. Our expectation is that virtual events will continue to feature prominently in our programme, especially to support the engagement of our international members, but we also plan to return to face-to-face events when circumstances permit. These will include the development and delivery of the annual research conferences, the annual programme of special interest network seminars and professional development programmes for academic researchers and research practitioners.
There are four main areas of responsibility for this role:
- Maintaining and developing the SRHE Special Interest Networks programme of seminars, the professional development programmes, and leading on ad hoc events to coordinate with current topics. All our programmes need regular refreshing and new programmes need developing to match researcher needs and interests.
- Developing and running the SRHE International Annual Conference, working across the academic programme and the social programme and all other elements of a major international conference.
- Being a source of knowledge and expertise in event development, especially in relation to digital delivery, online learning and helping to upskill presenters and participants to make the best use of digital tools in virtual delivery.
- the SRHE team and senior colleagues in the Society in driving forward the Society’s future business plans and introducing, developing and delivering new initiatives and strategies, innovative programmes and wider forms of engagement aimed at connecting the Society directly within a global network of higher education research and researchers.
Skills and Experience sought
- Education to Masters level or above. Research and evaluation skills an advantage
- Knowledge of Higher Education systems highly desirable
- Experience in delivering and designing events within a professional/academic context
- High level of expertise in computer skills and software and good knowledge of using different digital platforms
- Good interpersonal skills and an effective team member
- Innovative and creative with a drive for excellence
- Resourceful in coming forward with fresh ideas and projects and bringing these to fruition
Applications in the form of a short form CV (2 pages) and a covering letter (with email and telephone contact details) explaining reasons for interest in the position and a summary of relevant experience should sent to: Helen Perkins, Director SRHE and send these by e-mail to email@example.com
Applications must be received by 23:59 on Monday 8th March 2021 and should include the names and addresses of two referees who, unless clearly stated otherwise, may be contacted prior to the interview. Interviews will be held online.