Interested in writing a book or putting together an edited collection but don’t know where to start? In this informal session, Rachel Brooks and Sarah O’Shea (editors of the SRHE/Routledge book series) will cover some of the questions frequently asked by those thinking of putting a book proposal together:
- Why publish a book – and what are some of the advantages and disadvantages compared to other forms of publication?
- What different types of book can an author publish? What are their pros and cons?
- How do you go about turning a body of research (including a PhD) into a book?
- How do you approach a publisher?
- What are the key stages of the writing and publication journey?
In addition, Rachel and Sarah will share some of their own insights as both book authors and editors, and as co-editors of the SRHE/Routledge book series.