Terms and conditions
Invoicing and Payment
Invoices will be sent via e-mail. Payment in full will be required 14 days before the event.
Cancellation by the hirer within 14 days prior to the date of the booking will incur 100% cancellation fee.
All cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
- Details of your event must be finalised 7 days prior to the event date
- Hirers must not permit numbers to exceed 60 which includes speaker and organisers
- SRHE reserves the right to refuse room hire for any activity or to any organisation that it deems to be in contradiction to its own principles and values or in competition with its own services.
- The hirer must declare at the outset the purpose of the room hire and the rooms must be used for that purpose only. If it is deemed that the activities are not in keeping with what was described, hirers will be asked to leave immediately.
- SRHE will not accept responsibility for any injury, death, loss, or damage to persons or property occurring in connection with the hire of rooms at SRHE. Organisers should ensure that they are indemnified by a UK insurer in respect of their liabilities to SRHE and their delegates.
- Loss or damage to SRHE will be charged to the hirer, as will charges for cleaning rooms left unusually disordered.
- The hirer, their staff and visitors must not make or permit to be made any noise which may interfere with the use of other rooms within the building or adjoining neighbours.
- You are required to make clear in all publicity that your event has no endorsement from SRHE and is not delivered by SRHE.
- Subletting of rooms or facilities is not permitted.
- No music is allowed in the room
- The hirer is responsible for maintaining proper order, and observing fire, safety and security regulations. Fire doors must be kept closed at all times, and not wedged open under any circumstances. Corridors, extinguishers and fire doors must be kept clear of obstructions at all times.
- No alcohol is allowed on the Premises or its grounds: SRHE may at its discretion terminate the hiring forthwith if this clause is not complied with and in such event the Hirer will not be entitled to be reimbursed, either wholly or in part, for the cost of the hiring.
- Hirers are not permitted to provide own food and beverages on the premises.
Telephone calls, fax transmissions, photocopying and other business services are not included in the room hire charge and will be separately itemised on the hirer’s invoice.
- The Hirer agrees to accept full responsibility for and to indemnify SRHE against all claims in respect of any accident, loss or damage (including personal injuries) however caused in any hired part of the Premises or upon any of the approaches thereto:
- to any person who is in the building or is approaching or leaving it (whether with or without the consent or knowledge of the Hirer) in connection with or in intended attendance upon any event carried out by the Hirer or on his behalf
- to any property or belongings brought into the building by the Hirer, Guests or any other person(s) whether invited by the Hirer or not but who attends the building in connection with any event carried out by the Hirer on his behalf
- to any other property or belongings whatsoever placed or left in any part of the building by or on behalf of the Hirer with or without his consent or knowledge, or by the order of or with the consent of the Hirer for his use and purposes whether or not any such property or belongings have been left in the charge of any person employed or authorised by SRHE
- The cost of making good any damage done to Premises or equipment therein will be invoiced to the Hirer.
The SRHE Event Room (Room 19) is situated on the 2nd floor of Society House at 8 All Saints St, London N1 9RL, a 10 minute walk from Kings Cross Station. Newly refurbished, the suite is light and comfortable, with a full audio-visual system. Maximum capacity: 50 theatre style / 25 committee.
- Laptop available for presentations
- Speaker system
- Flipchart etc
Working lunches are available via our hosts from NCVO from around £15.00 per head