Dr Mark J.P. Kerrigan, Plymouth College of Art
Samuel Dent, Nottingham Trent University
This SRHE network is for individuals who consider themselves as ‘newer researchers’ in the field of higher education. We appreciate the broad range of career paths that newer higher education researchers have followed and our membership and activities aim to embrace this diversity. The network is aimed at:
- postgraduate students (including full time and part time)
- postdoctoral and early career researchers
- newer academics from a range of disciplinary backgrounds
- researchers newer to carrying out research in the field of HE
Essentially, if you consider yourself a newer researcher in higher education, and would like to be involved in the network’s activities, then you are welcome to join.
Our aim is to provide opportunities for new researchers to develop links with national and international peers, share their developing research and build capacity as researchers within a supportive research community.
Our activities include:
- Annual SRHE Prize for Newer Researchers
- A series of Professional Development Workshops
- Network events throughout the year
- SRHE Newer Researchers LinkedIn group